Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Caitlin's Egyptian Museum

     Here is another Social Studies project that I was assigned this year. We were told that over spring break we must create a hand made display of some sort of Egyptian culture. As soon as we got the assignment I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to create a museum to display more then one example of their culture. The finishing project looked a little like this. I say that because I took the pictures after I got my project back and it got a little wrecked. 




This is the art wall, with paintings of an Ankh, the Eye of Horus, the Tyet, and the Feather of Truth. Next are the Canopic jars. 


In this picture you can see three different Canopic jars. They were used for keeping different internal organs. They never separated a heart from the body though. The Egyptians believed that for a soul to return to the Underworld, they must have their heart with them. 



This is my Sphinx! Isn't my little kitty cute? I almost left out the most important, (my favorite,) part. In the first picture there is a table. On the table is a crown. This is a Pharoh's Crown, and is covered in jewels, and are worth a fortune. A pharoh was burried with their crown and many other riches.

I hope this can inspire you for your own creation! Keep an eye out for many other creations to come. -Cait